Thursday, May 10, 2012

Incredible Oatmeal Cookies


Adorable little guy!
Well I have missed the past couple Food Fridays but I am going to make up for is in this post. For as long as I can remember, I have not liked Oatmeal cookies. I don't know if it was a flavor thing or a texture thing, for some reason they just always have rubbed me the wrong way. My fiance' loves oatmeal cookies (he loves all cookies) and we have a big tub of Quaker oats left over from when my mom was in town. I decided that I would put my prejudice aside and try my hand at oatmeal cookies. I have to say, I love these cookies! I do not know why the sudden change of taste, or if it only applies to these specific cookies, only time and other tastings will tell. This batch of cookies only lasted a few days in my house, I am sure that the same will be said for you if you try your hand at these little bites of happiness.




Incredible Oatmeal Cookies
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
3 cup oats
1 cup Raisinets 
1 cup chopped walntuts
(It is all about the last two ingredients!!!)


Preheat oven to 325 F.
Cream butter and sugars. 
Beat in eggs one at a time, then add vanilla.
Combine dry ingredients (ingredients in red) in a separate bowl, then slowly incorporate into the wet ingredients. 
Mix in oats, Raisinets, and nuts. 
Drop heaping spoonfuls on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 10 to 16 minutes.
Leave for 5 minutes on pan before removing to cool on wire rack.


1 comment: