Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Closer to 30





My "Little" Family

My Wonderful Parents

Fun Times in Vegas!!!
Aiden and Mommy
Fabulous Family
Feeling the Love 
Cousin Craziness!!! :)
Well, I am officially closer to 30 than 20 today and I admit that I feel more grown up than I ever have before. I think becoming engaged and a mother probably has something to do with that, since those are really the only things that have changed in the past year.(I find it funny that I say "only" when they are two of those biggest life-changing events I have ever experienced.)  I feel older yet I still feel like the kind of person who still wants/love Robin Hood themed birthday parties( I actually just recently had one with that theme). As my age increases, I am getting the sneaking suspicion that my childlike enthusiasm and nature will not decrease; which should inspire some good times with my young one. My birthday rolling around makes me look forward to planning his, to all the fun we will share together in the future. It is funny how having a child changes your view of things, how it makes you see the world in a different light. I have had a lot of time to think about what I want for my birthday, and other than health/ happiness for my family, all I really want is to be surrounded by them. Having a child just intensifies the need for family (in my opinion), or at least my need for my family. I want Aiden to have the same great experience that I did, growing up in a strong close-knit family. A group(or groups) of people that love spending time together and are there for each other through thick and thin. The security you feel knowing that no matter what happens, these amazing, wonderful people are going to be there for you and you always have someone to which you can turn. I want him to feel as loved as I have felt my whole life, and although my love for him abounds, I know that it is not the same as having the family arsenal of love in your back pocket. We are trying our best to get Aiden out to California, to be engulfed by that waterfall of love, it is just taking longer than I'd like. I just need to learn to have patience and trust that things will work out the way they should. I am thankful to have a family to go home to, I am thankful for the family of my own that I have started and I look forward to the two of them converging in the (hopefully) not too distant future. 










1 comment: