Monday, December 19, 2011

Baby Shower



 I've attended a lot of baby showers in my 25 years but nothing prepares you for attending your own. I knew that it would be a good time because it was composed of my family, friends and good food but I did not realize how unreal it would feel to have it be about the little person growing inside of me. Being pregnant is weird, having people look at your belly knowing a small entity is taking up residence there is a little disconcerting. I feel as though I have stepped into an episode of X-Files when I see my stomach roll and bounce with Aiden's many movements. It looks very similar to what is depicted in the show when an alien inhabits a human host's body, and my imagination is active enough to play out the possibilities in my head. I digress. The baby shower was hosted at my Grandparents house (Aiden's Great-grandparents) on December 18, 2011 by a slew of my family members. It was so great to see both sides of my family together, and watch them participate in the baby shower games. I loved how creative they were and how my whole family really worked to make the day a memorable one. The food was fantastic of course, my family delivers nothing but the very best when it comes to the department of nourishment. I am so thankful for all the gifts that everyone got for Aiden, each one chosen with care and thoughtfulness.I can't wait to put Aiden in all of his outfits, he is going to be one well-dressed kid! I'll make sure to post pics of him in all his clothes from the baby shower, so you can all see the gifts you bestowed upon us in action. :) My very special thanks goes out to those who helped us with the big ticket items, you know who you are, the three of us greatly appreciate your love and generosity. Thank you everyone that made my baby shower so special, I am truly a lucky and loved girl and little Aiden is already one spoiled little man. :)





More Baby Shower Pictures


No comments:

Post a Comment