Sunday, December 4, 2011

Shakes and jitters


Who would have thought I would be at this point in my life at this moment. I am engaged and about to be a parent. I am teaching even though I absolutely hate my job. I am doing all that I can to change my life for the better. I am taking the opportunities as they come my way. I am opening as many doors as I can in hopes the right one stays open. In a few short months my whole life has spiraled into a place I never fathomed could exist. Yet, I feel as though my journey has truly not even left the docks. I try to step back and take it all in but the magnitude of the possibilitiesis absolutely astonishes me. I am going to be a father, a husband and the man of a family of my own. I have a woman who loves me for my flaws as well as the bright spots I bring. We seem to mesh well together as she is the yin to my yang. All in all, I can only do the best that I can do and do I hope that will be enough.


Tomorrow, I make the trek once again across the country to save my damsel because I am missing her immensely. In a short amount of time, I have grown quite accustomed to her presence. I rather enjoy hearing her voice in the morning. The brief kiss in the morning on the way to work. He snuggling squirms at night when she is cold in her sleep. I miss her smiling face when I get off work early or the scorn I may receive when I am not home when I said I would be. It is perhaps best put- I love her.

No comments:

Post a Comment