Thursday, December 15, 2011

Family Trip to Sedona, AZ


Me, Grandpa and my Mom
My Mom and I after we climbed up the "mountain" alone.
Getting together with my family is always nothing short of an adventure. My mom has started a tradition of taking her dad(my grandpa) on trips each year for his birthday. I have been fortunate enough to go on two of them now, including the one we are currently on in Sedona, AZ. Sedona is a magical place, the red rock formations are nothing short of spectacular. I could take a million pictures with the most advanced camera and it still would not do it the justice of beholding it with your own eyes. The whole town is surrounded by huge rock formations, beautiful foliage and all of the housing blends into the landscape. We went on a train ride through the canyons, along the river and got to witness some of the wildlife firsthand. I was so thrilled to see a bald eagle soaring through the blue sky. It was one of those moments that the world stops, you hold your breath till it's over and then turn to the person next to you (my mom) and high five for the shared experience. It has been an amazing trip, every moment I get to spend with my family (especially my grandpa) is time that I hold close to my heart. I am so thankful to my fiance for making it possible for me to go on this trip, I hope that one day I can return to Sedona with him and share the beauty of this place with the man that I love.
Mom and Grandpa in front of Bell Rock.

Auntie Marilyn and Mara at the train station.

No comments:

Post a Comment