Monday, December 5, 2011

C is for Cookie!!! Chocolate Chip Cookies!!!

My fiance is a self proclaimed "cookie monster." Although he will pretty much put away any cookie that is put in front of him, there is none like the iconic chocolate chip. I can barely pull a batch out of the oven without half of them disappearing before the pan hits the cooling rack. My family has a knack for making delicious chocolate chip cookies, a trait that I have been lucky enough to inherit (at least according to my fiance and all the teachers at A.M.W middle school). I actually think that the ring on my left hand has a lot to do with how much my fiance loves and enjoys my chocolate chip cookies. This is my favorite Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe, every batch turns out picture perfect and makes a cookie that is (in my opinion) the perfect consistency.

Chocolate Chip Cookies

2 sticks unsalted butter, melted
2 1/4 cups bread flour
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1 1/4 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 egg yolk
2 tablespoons milk
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
2 cups chocolate chips (or 1 small bag)
 
Preheat oven to 375° F. In a large bowl (or stand mixer) cream together butter and sugars. Add egg, egg yolk, milk, and vanilla. In a separate bowl sift together flour, salt and baking soda.  Gradually incorporate the sifted flour mixture until combined. Stir in chocolate chips. Chill the dough for at least 2 hours. Using a teaspoon scoop out the dough into 1-inch in diameter balls. Bake 8-10 minutes on an ungreased cookie sheet, or for best results on a sheet lined with parchment paper. 


ENJOY!!!

1 comment:

  1. I've eaten thousands of cookies my love and your cookies are the absolute best I've devoured!

    ReplyDelete