Thursday, January 24, 2013

Day Late, Yet Feeling Good

Date: January 24, 2012
Weight: 23.4 pounds
Height: 34.25 inches
That's a spicy meatball! :)
Being a mom has really made accept that things are not always in my control. I will not always be able to stick to a schedule I set for myself, because with kids things come up and change all your plans. Take this blog for example, I try to post his weigh-in every Wednesday but lately I have been utterly failing. Things just come up that force me to put the blog on the back burner. This week it is sickness. On Friday, Dave came home very ill and spent almost two days in bed, with a fever and cough to boot. Despite keeping his distance from Aiden, my little guy woke up with a fever of 100.8 yesterday. It may not seem all that high to most, but it is the highest fever Aiden has ever had and he usually sits in the 97's temperature wise. Instead of weighing in, I had to balance  taking care of my sick little boy and getting all my work done. Needless to say, that was all that I could handle on my plate. It is nearly impossible to get anything done on a computer while holding/cuddling with Aiden because he loves to push all the buttons on the keyboard. His favorite buttons are the Spacebar, Escape, Enter and Delete; all which cause whatever you are working on to become altered or sent in a way that you really did not intend. So, if you ever receive any strange or half written emails/texts, you know that Aiden had a hand (or at least a little finger) in it. Aiden is doing better today, his fever broke and we are looking forward to seeing the family this weekend. Please keep us in your prayers, and know that whenever I miss a weigh-in it is not from lack of effort or desire, it is just one of those things that happens when you become a mom and your priorities have to shift taking precedence over your desire to keep a schedule. I am learning to take it all in stride and just appreciate when I am eventually able to get things done. :)

 My Little Trooper-Sick but still happy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment