Friday, March 2, 2018

Birthday Adventures

Birthday Donuts! 
Somehow six years have elapsed since my eldest was born. I closed my eyes and when I opened them my baby had developed into an amazing kid.  He is smart-as-a-whip,  funny, helpful, polite, incredibly silly, and super empathetic.  We started his sixth birthday off in our "loose" tradition of birthday donuts. Both boys gobbled both of their donuts up and then we headed home to pack for our trip to California for Aiden's birthday party. While I was packing our bags, I hear a knock at my door and a very concerned voice telling me that Connor is in danger.  I make my way to the living room to find my incredibly guilty-looking son, staring at the floor and holding his stomach. They both then inform me that Connor was playing with a penny in his mouth and has accidentally swallowed it.  Inside, I am having a mini freak out but I remain calm and ask Connor a series of questions to determine my next course of action. He tells me that his stomach hurts, so since there is pain after swallowing a foreign object I decide to take him into the emergency room.  Dave was already at work, so I headed to
Brotherly Concern
See the penny?!
IHOP first to let him know what was going on. Apparently, I have a terrible poker face, his manager told him that he could leave because of the deeply concerning look I had on my face. So Aiden's 6th birthday was spent in the emergency room.  When we walked in Aiden was crying, out of concern for his brother and the ladies initially thought that he was the one we were coming in about. They were surprised to hear the calm and collected three-year-old was the emergency room patient. A couple hours later we left the emergency room knowing that he swallowed the penny and instructed to search through his excrement to make sure he passed it.  They said that it should only take a couple days because of how far along it already was....but in actuality it took 11 days. 11 long days. I am happy to report that we took another X-ray this week and his little body is penny-free! This mom is very thankful not to be searching through poo anymore, without a doubt one of the worst mom duties I have ever had.


Hooray! Penny Free!!!

Even though we were in the emergency room the day before Aiden's birthday party, we were still able to pull off a pretty good party. Aiden had an amazing time, and I think everyone else did too, which at the end of the day is all that matters to me.  We are so blessed to have such amazing family and friends that always make our parties successful. It is all about the wonderful people that we spend it with.


I put together a slideshow of some of the pictures of the party.
I hope you enjoy! 
(I suggest making the slideshow larger so you can see the pictures. I will also be posting these pictures to Facebook, so feel free to enjoy them there as well!)








No comments:

Post a Comment