Monday, March 12, 2018

Batter Up!

Sports have always played a pretty big role in my life. We have been participating in them since before I can even remember. I always wanted my kids to be active in sports, because I feel like there are so many benefits from playing. In a world that is dominated by screens and technology, it is nice to interact with other people and get some physical activity in. I am excited to say that we signed up Aiden for baseball this year, and so far he is absolutely loving it! He ends almost every practice with a huge smile on his face and excitement for the next time he gets to play again. I say "almost every practice" because the last practice ended in tears, while he was batting the ball hit off his bat and into his chin which hurt. I encouraged him to finish his turn at bat, and he ended up getting a hit and running in the bases. :) Tough love for the win. Connor is having a hard time sitting on the sidelines, he wants so badly to play. We caved yesterday and bought him a little glove so that he can at least practice, and play catch with us when we go to the park. Aiden's first game is this week and I am so excited and so nervous for him, I did not realize you could get these kinds of butterflies for other people! Aiden playing a sport is also giving me a chance to work on some sports photography. I am hoping that as the season progresses I will get better and better. 









1 comment:

  1. Great pictures Amber. Aiden looks so grown up, looks like a pro!!

    ReplyDelete