Tuesday, April 10, 2012

First Easter

This year was the first Easter we got to celebrate as a little family unit. Although, I missed sharing it with my family in California very much, I did my best to make it special for us in TN. I have always loved waking up on Easter morning to see that the Easter bunny had visited our house. When I say always, I mean that I still enjoy it to this day; including last Easter when that awesome bunny visited me at my parents house. I always greet all holidays with the same childlike enthusiasm and wonder, it may have slightly changed as I grew into an adult but the joy is still very much alive in me. The holidays are starting to transform for me, because now I have someone who I get to help bring that holiday joy to and share it with. Even though Aiden was not really old enough to realize that the Easter bunny had visited us and relish in all the delicious candy/goodies he dropped off, it was still amazing to see him with his basket. It blows my mind to think of the kinds of memories we will make and share on holidays to come. I just hope that I can give him the amazing childhood that my parents gave to me, that I am able to preserve his innocence as long as they were able to preserve mine. I hope that he can see the world with the same joy, wonder, and enthusiasm that I do and that when he grows up he realizes that even as an adult it is okay to be a "kid at heart." I hope that he will love his family as much as I do, and that he will enjoy spending time with them. I want him to have the same wonderful relationships and bonds that I do. I am so thankful for the precedent that was set with me by my parents and everyday I strive to make my son's childhood as good as mine was. I hope that next year we will be able to spend Easter with my family, but even though we could not this year I think that I managed to put together a pretty good one. We dyed eggs, went through the treasures in our Easter baskets, and I made a pretty decent dinner of honey glazed ham, cinnamon roasted sweet potatoes and butter broccoli. I know that Aiden will not remember his first Easter but I hope that in the future he will look forward to our holidays together as much as I do. 
Aiden's Grandma and Grandpa sent him that adorable little
chick in his very own giant name egg!
I hope you all had a wonderful and blessed Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment