Wednesday, April 18, 2012

2 Months Old!!!!


He's deciding if he can forgive me for the shots.
Hooray, he does!!!
Yay! Happy Baby!!!
Yesterday was the big day, my little man turned two months old. The time has flown by since we first brought him home from the hospital, I cannot believe that it was more than two weeks let alone months. We had one of our worst experiences so far, we had to take Aiden in for his two month shots. These were Aiden's first shots, I was really nervous and I found out later that I should have been. Poor little guy, when that first shot went in his whole face turned beet red and he let out this horrible, heart wrenching scream. I didn't realize when the doctor told me to hold his arms before we started that it was going to be so terrible for me, here I was helping the doctor put my little guy through this intense pain and he knew it. It shattered my heart into a million little pieces, I am pretty sure there are still a few on the floor there. After they finished putting four shots into his thighs, I thought that he would be done crying because he usually is really good about pain. He cried for about five more minutes while I held and rocked him in the room, and then quieted down. I put him in his carseat, he let out two or three wails and whimpers, then thankfully fell asleep in the car on the way home. When he woke up later, you could tell he was still in pain so Dave went and bought him some baby tylenol, (which Aiden did not really like but he took the first dose) and he went to sleep for the next few hours. To my genuine surprise, the next time my little guy woke up he was all smiles. He still had huge band-aids on his legs but his spirits were lifted, which in turn made me feel a whole lot better. We smiled, played(gently), and talked for a couple hours until it was almost time for bed. I thought that I would try and give him a dose of medicine before bed, since the effects of the last dose would be winding down anytime. Aiden had other plans. We ended up with orange medicine everywhere but in his mouth, which was frustrating but actually a little funny to see him so adamant about not wanting it. This morning we were pretty much 100% back to normal, perfect for us to fulfill our normal weigh-in Wednesday routine! I hope the next two months go by slowly, I am not looking forward to his four month shots!

Aiden Stats
Date: April 18, 2012
Weight: 15 pounds
Length: 25 1/2 inches


(I love the way he stretches, it always makes me smile. I thought I would capture it on camera and share it with all of you so you could experience my amusement and joy.)

2 comments:

  1. It's amazing how rapidly these little bundles of joy grow!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so proud of our wonderful baby. I love you Amber.

    ReplyDelete