Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Beating the Heat

He Likes to Climb the Couch Into the Window...Like a Cat...
Last week, I posted about how hot it is. Well, it is still incredibly hot but I have found activities to keep my little man cool and occupied while I am working during the hottest hours of the day.  We play with ice, and water...we make a huge mess, but it is fun and it is a nice break from the scorching heat. Right now, I have three or four towels on my kitchen floor, along with several kitchen tools scattered about. I try to clean it all up every night, but I find that since we are playing with the bowls, and kitchen tools EVERY day, I just pile them up until our next water play time the next day.  We had a pretty good weekend, we got to spend some time with other adults outside of our house; which I loved! I think we are starting to branch out and make "couple friends." I made english muffins from scratch this week, and the turned out pretty awesome...other than that, no news for this week. We are looking forward to Cousins Campout this weekend though!! See many of you there!

Doing some work on the laptop, like Mommy!

Homemade English Muffins!

Ice Potions in the Kitchen!!

First time he ever said "cheese" while I was taking a picture!!!

1 comment:

  1. He is so funny. Look forward to seeing you. Thanks for the pics. Love auntie Marilyn

    ReplyDelete