Saturday, February 18, 2012

Labor Inducing Cookie Recipe


Born February 17, 2012 at 12:07am

Aiden's due date came and the doctors wanted to schedule me for an induction, since little Aiden wasn't showing signs of coming anytime soon. I was desperate to have him come on his own, I did not want to force him out before he was good and ready. The doctors told me that we would have to induce the following week, so I spent the next 24 hours stressing about making him come earlier than he would like. I remembered the recipe I had received at my baby shower for "Labor Inducing Cookies," and thought it wouldn't hurt to try them. I made them and ate them, within hours my back pain(turned out to be labor pains) started and  before 24 hours had transpired little Aiden had come into the world! Now, it could have been a coincidence that I ate the cookies just before going into labor but since I have no way of proving it I will choose to believe in the power of the cookie! :)



Labor Inducing Cookie Recipe

Ingredients:
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
8 tablespoons (or 1 stick) butter, softened
1/2 cup granulated sugar (will also need extra sugar to roll cookie dough in)
1 cup light brown sugar, packed
1/3 cup molasses
2 egg whites
Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, salt and cayenne pepper in small mixing bowl.  Set dry ingredients aside.
Then blend butter in large mixing bowl.  Stir in brown sugar and granulated sugar slowly.  Add the molasses, then the egg whites.  Finally, add the dry ingredients to your mix. 
Roll dough into ¾ inch balls.  Roll cookie balls in sugar to lightly coat each cookie.  Place balls on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.  Bake in oven for 8-10 minutes or until cookies are golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment