Monday, January 11, 2016

Meal Planning Mondays

Chicken & Cheese Flautas! So Yummy!!!
Welcome to Meal Planning Mondays!! I love to be in the kitchen, it is my own personal brand of therapy.  Food is one of the ways I show love, the way I convey my affection for those around me.  I have been meal planning on and off (mostly on) since college and I find that it really keeps me from spending all my money eating out. Plus, it takes the pressure off trying to come up with a meal that day, which tends to be a struggle for me since I have very little input from others on what I should make.  I love things that make my life easier, that allow my family to eat better, save money and spend quality time around the table. My Monday posts probably won’t be very long, just a rundown of what we are having for the week and maybe a recap of how the meals went the previous week.  I try to make a new dish at least once a week, and then have the rest of the days be recipes that I have had success with in the past. I do meal plan on the weekend, but I am flexible with those days because I know that we might have plans or company and changes will have to be made. If you are interested in any recipes, tips or tricks, let me know! I am going to try to post my feature dessert of the week on Fridays, so keep your eyes out for that!

Here is the line-up for this week:

Monday: Chicken & Cheese Flautas with Spanish rice

Tuesday: Tuna Casserole

Wednesday: BBQ Chicken Pizza

Thursday: Broccoli Cheese Soup in Bread Bowls

Friday: Panko Fish Sticks & Oven Baked Fries

Saturday: Lasagna Roll-Ups (new)


Sunday: We have dinner with our friends on Sundays, so we usually come up with a meal during the week and split dishes to make. This past week we had ham, macaroni & cheese, broccoli, sweet potato casserole & rolls. It was so yummy! Having Sunday dinners is such a fun tradition to have, I encourage everyone to try it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment