Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Happy New Year

There is something special about a new year, it feels like a reset button has been pushed, almost like you have a chance to do everything right this time. New beginnings, like the smell of the your surroundings after it rains. It smells like possibility, it feels like a promise of something better. I cannot wait to see what 2016 has to hold for me and my family. I have several resolutions including doing a better job of keeping up with this blog. Let me give you a quick update on the boys.

Aiden has recently moved into a twin sized bed. We got some Star Wars bedding for it, so we are both pretty excited. We are working on learning to write his name, he can spell it but we have not mastered the writing portion yet. His vocabulary continues to grow, he described his bed as "wonderful" and "incredible" yesterday. He also has quite a sense of a humor, and is constantly cracking me up. He is wearing 5T these days, and prefers eating a lot at breakfast and lunch instead of at dinner. 

Connor is running a million miles per hour. He climbs on everything, and gets into everything. My favorite thing about his behavior lately is that he has become more cuddly and into giving hugs. He gives hugs to everyone, including the dogs. He says Mama, Dada, Dog and Up. He also has a banshee scream/squeal that could break glass. Connor is finally starting to gain some weight, which is not too surprising because he eats anything he can get his hands on. 

I have been busy taking care of the boys, working at my job and making an insane amount of caramels! They have been in high demand this holiday season. I am hoping to post a lot more of the food I make this year and different things I make. It was great hanging out with my family over the holiday season, but I am happy to be back home. 

Here is a quick photo roll of the holiday season, I am missing a lot but please enjoy what I do have!

Hanging out at Uncle Adam's Eagle Ceremony



Christmas Tree Shopping & Tree Trimming







Christmas Candy Making Day




Risky Business with the Boys :)



Christmas Morning!



Candlelight Pavilion 




Mission Inn Christmas Lights







No comments:

Post a Comment