Thursday, February 27, 2014

Birthday!


 I was not sure if Aiden would realize that it was his birthday, or that he would grasp any idea of what birthday would mean. I definitely underestimated him. I am currently having trouble with making him accept and understand that EVERY day cannot be his birthday. Since his birthday party he has been asking me for "birthday" at least four times a day. I know it is partially my fault for having two parties for him, that would confuse any two-year-old.  At his second birthday party, we sang Happy Birthday to him, he blew out the candles and shouted, "Again!" I brought his little brownie back into the kitchen, lit the candles again and brought it back for him to blow the candles out again. He looked the candles, looked at all of us and pointed around the room while saying "Sing!." So, we all had to sing the song again, before he would blow out the candles. This year's party was Mickey Mouse themed, and I thought that it went pretty well. Aiden knew right away that it was a birthday because of all of the balloons and decorations. At the birthday brunch we had french toast bake, hashbrown casserole, biscuits & sausage gravy, a fruit tray, yogurt parfaits, blue berry muffins and coffee cake muffins. It was quite a spread and I was proud that I made it all myself, well except the fruit which was cut by my husband. Aiden did so well opening his presents, he was genuinely excited for all of his gifts, except for a few clothes that got a resounding "No" and were shoved back into the bag more quickly than I thought possible. I am so grateful that everyone came out to celebrate Aiden turning 2, it just would not be the same without being surrounded by family and friends. Aiden is enjoying all of his gifts, now that we are back at home (even the clothes). I have almost found a place for everything, which is a super exciting thing for me! I wish I had more pictures of his birthday, but alas I did not retrieve them from my father before I left. Hopefully, I will get them in a few weeks and be able to post them. Also, I am working on Wedding Thank-You's, I am hoping to have those out in the next couple weeks as well! Yay for fun mail! Hope you all had a terrific February, we sure did!



No comments:

Post a Comment