Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Habits

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit.
-Aristotle

Smiling during Tummy Time!!!
Aiden LOVES holding his brother
I have been thinking about this quote a lot lately and trying to apply it to my everyday life. I am happy to report that I have kept my house clean, had only home-cooked meals, finished all my work for my job, had loads of quality play time with my boys and managed to keep my composure(patience) for this month so far.  Aside from giving up soda and "stuff" for Lent, I also decided that I wanted to have things more together at home. If I just keep at it, it will eventually become a habit and be less "work". Or at least, that is what I am hoping. I know that I will have slip-ups, especially with a rambunctious and persistent three-year-old on my hands but I am making a conscious effort. Aiden is becoming a much better listener, we have recently started counting to get him to do things and it is working really well. Connor can sit up on his own for several seconds, he babbles on and on, giggles at his brother's silly antics, sleeps through most of the night, and partially rolls over. When I lay him on his back he will turn on his side to try and nurse, that is what I mean by "partially" roll over. We are all looking forward to Spring Break next week, except for both boys having an appointment with the doctor. Connor has to get shots but Aiden is just going in for a check up, so keep us in your prayers on Monday! I will try to have an official weigh-in next week, time got away from me today but at least we ate well!

Quality Brother Time

Aiden and Daddy reading Dr. Suess

Aiden is a peanut butter fiend!

Nothing like a bouncer to take a snooze in

Connor is crazy for this giraffe!

Couch to Couch

Giraffe Love!

1 comment: